Do I really need a solicitor?
You are not legally obliged to instruct an employment tribunal claim solicitor when making a pregnancy discrimination claim, but it’s a good idea to do so. There are several reasons for this.
- The law surrounding pregnancy discrimination is quite complex and employment tribunals have a very rigid and set procedure that must be followed. Trying to navigate this alone can be daunting so it is definitely worth having an experienced employment law solicitor to help you through it. Specialist pregnancy discrimination solicitors will be especially useful, as they will know the law inside out and will know what to look for in your case to help you get the result you deserve
- Another reason to hire a solicitor if you are making a pregnancy discrimination claim is that any form of discrimination can be quite an emotional thing to go through and it can be hard to talk about it – especially if you are trying to deal with it on your own and you are facing an employer on with their own legal team. Your solicitor will be able to deal with the case on your behalf, in a sensitive manner
- Your solicitor will be able to help in collecting all the evidence and information you need to bring to an employment tribunal. They’ll also be able to speak to your employer on your behalf in the event that you attempt to negotiate and settle the dispute outside of an employment tribunal hearing. If your claim does go to a hearing, they’ll also be able to present your evidence on your behalf, and give you the best possible chance of winning your case
Call our specialist Pregnancy Discrimination Solicitors today
Wherever you live in England and Wales, if you believe that you have been a victim of workplace pregnancy discrimination, our experienced team can help. Contact them today;
- FREEPHONE 0800 1404544
- For FREE initial phone advice call 0800 1404544 or
- Complete the contact form below